I'm new. I'd like some answers please :)

BCL and competitive related discussions

Moderator: BCL Staff

Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BeardedMongoose

I'm new. I'd like some answers please :)

Post by BeardedMongoose » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Hello to all who read this. :icon_biggrin:
I just started playing BLR this past month. I am interested in the idea of bringing my clan into the competitive scene. Might wait for the anticipated recoil patch/update that is supposed to be coming(who knows when though).
Anyway, I've been looking at the BCL Competitive Ruleset and I have some questions/things I want clarification on.

I apologize in advance if these questions were already answered. I am kinda lazy to look for the threads that answer them.

1. I understand that currently only default weapons can be used. Could someone confirm that any scope except infrared can be used in comp play?
2. Could someone confirm that only default armor and helmet can be used in comp play?
3. "Any weapon may be picked up from players during combat" Let's say a player on the opposing team died and dropped a HAR. You already have a teammate that is using one. Are you allowed to pick up the dropped HAR and in doing so your team now has 2 HAR's being used?
4. What are Heroes?
5. What is Force Ready-up?
6. Does anyone have an idea as to when said anticipated recoil patch/update will happen?

Thanks to all who take the time to read this and answer. :icon_biggrin:

SharpShot49

Re: I'm new. I'd like some answers please :)

Post by SharpShot49 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 am

Hello!! It's nice that you're enjoying the game! If you have any more questions you need answered, feel free to ask. We're all here to help each other out.

1. I understand that currently only default weapons can be used. Could someone confirm that any scope except infrared can be used in comp play?

That is correct. You can use any scope you want (except infrared). You can even customize your weapons however you like. When you go into the match (which will have the "Cosmetic Weapons" option enabled) your weapons will still look/sound the same as when you customized them but will have default stats instead.

2. Could someone confirm that only default armor and helmet can be used in comp play?

As stated above, you can customize your armor however you like (no hero skins, though). The "Cosmetic Armor" option will be enabled, and that will automatically change all the stats to default, but not the actual armor appearance to the default armor. For example, let's say you have the R5X Ghost Helmet, ArmCom Breakguard Chestplate, and Piranha Legplates equipped. Once you go into the match you will still look the same in appearance, but your HRV Recharge rate will become 6.6 u/s, your run speed will be 7.65, and your health will be 220 (multiplier in effect).

3. "Any weapon may be picked up from players during combat" Let's say a player on the opposing team died and dropped a HAR. You already have a teammate that is using one. Are you allowed to pick up the dropped HAR and in doing so your team now has 2 HAR's being used?

Don't know the answer to that one, sorry. Good question!!

4. What are Heroes?

Heroes---or as they are now, hero skins---are just alternatives to change your appearance. Once you customize your armor to the way you want it, you can click on "Camos/Skins", scroll to the next page, and you will see lots of characters to choose from. Once you click on a hero skin you will now look like that hero in-game, but still have the same armor stats as before.

5. What is Force Ready-up?

Exactly what it sounds like. Before starting a match, each player must click the "Ready" or "Prepared" button before the match can actually begin. This is so that the match doesn't start unexpectedly while someone is still customizing or talking to someone.

6. Does anyone have an idea as to when said anticipated recoil patch/update will happen?

Not me.

DiceZ
Blacklist Staff
Blacklist Staff

Post by DiceZ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:16 am

SharpShot49 wrote: 3. "Any weapon may be picked up from players during combat" Let's say a player on the opposing team died and dropped a HAR. You already have a teammate that is using one. Are you allowed to pick up the dropped HAR and in doing so your team now has 2 HAR's being used?

Don't know the answer to that one, sorry. Good question!!
Yes, even if every player on a team (5 people) pick up one HAR each, or any other weapon. It's fine.
Thats why the rules say "Any weapon".
This also means that, if noone on your team uses a HAR loadout, but one of you pick one up from the enemy, another player in your team can still switch to a HAR loadout. Essentially making you have two HARs, it's the weapons in each players loadouts that cannot be the same at the same time.

Basically:
Loadout =/= Equiped

Same Loadout is prohibited.
Same Equiped is not prohibited.

BeardedMongoose

Post by BeardedMongoose » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks for the answers guys :icon_biggrin: i appreciate it!

RioN
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by RioN » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 pm

6. I think in April.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable