Discussion: Improving BCL Registrations

BCL and competitive related discussions

Moderator: BCL Staff

Fosard

Re: Discussion: Improving BCL Registrations

Post by Fosard » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:20 am

To be fair with the entire community it's gonna be good if we can have 2 leagues , US and EU (EU servers are crap at the moment)

2x8 teams or more from each sides

After the one day compet' , we can make a super final with the 2 best teams from both leagues to have an internationnal BONUS pros podium .

A point that I need to have your opinion is : "every players able to record every rounds with 60fps 720p (raptr and shadowplay make good work) could be allowed to register in competition".
I know players are playing on potatoes so ...

Every players who play a tourney need to post all of their entire rounds . Due to that it can take fews days to upload for players(use Handbrake to shrink size of files) , so the final result can be "official" after vids are released and viewed by all .

Due to date of tour etc , if ppl can't be participate at the date , if they can't take an afternoon or an evening off just for that , they don't need to speak/debate about organisation .

For the May Massacre I want to be here to have fun with all of you ! <3

PS: I know Metro is a nice guy , I expect from him is going to participate to the May Massacre to purge his disapointment :D

DiceZ
Blacklist Staff
Blacklist Staff

Post by DiceZ » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:41 am

Fosard wrote: "every players able to record every rounds with 60fps 720p (raptr and shadowplay make good work) could be allowed to register in competition".
60 FPS might be pushing it, 30 FPS videos has been fine up until this point, and imo they still are :)
Obviously 60FPS is suggested, but forcing it is gonna make this whole problem even worse as some people have problems recording at 30 FPS already.

Fosard

Post by Fosard » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:23 am

DiceZ wrote:
Fosard wrote: "every players able to record every rounds with 60fps 720p (raptr and shadowplay make good work) could be allowed to register in competition".
60 FPS might be pushing it, 30 FPS videos has been fine up until this point, and imo they still are :)
Obviously 60FPS is suggested, but forcing it is gonna make this whole problem even worse as some people have problems recording at 30 FPS already.

I m agree with the 60 fps can be a problem , at least a 720p recording @ 30fps is better than nothing ;)

Sky
Blacklist Elite
Blacklist Elite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sky » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:24 am

DiceZ wrote: That shouldn't stop organizers to aim for a time that works for most people. I mean the tournament we just had was good, cause it started at reasonable times in both EU and US. I know some people didn't like it, but my point is, always try to make the best for most.
absolutely agree.
playing QuakeLive 24/7

SureSh0t

Post by SureSh0t » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:41 am

Sky wrote:If you are in your twenties then congratulations, you are young enough that i could be your father;

the point - which you have sorely missed - is that competitions are not scheduled around YOUR needs, because you are one of many people. And just like YOU have jobs (or go to school) other people too have jobs and go to school.
If you cannot attend, you cannot attend. Simple?

The organizer sets a date, and those who can attend can partecipate; or else there will always be, by numbers, people who cannot attend and your needs are inconveniencing other people.

Incidentally, i was recently invited to a quake tournament, March 19; i was busy 18-20 so i said "no i'm sorry, i cannot play" instead of "whelp, can youze guize move the torunament? i needs to do stuff!"

Likewise, when i started BLR and i had a crappy 7750 to play, i did not play scrims and then whine "i have hardware lags but trust me, im the best player" because i know that my clanmates hold me to MY responsibility to show up with decent hardware, just like if i go to a Skiing tournament, i need to bring a fucking pair of skis.

You say you love this game, but i think you underestimate the dedication people have to shooters; if i was to reinstall my OS, it would take me easily the WHOLE DAY to simply re-tweak my settings from standard to "gaming". People can be maniacal in finding the right mouse / mousepad combination, posture, netcode settings, my internet contacts list is 90% FPS players. You seem to treat a tournament like something which can be replaced with a couple hours of pubbing, for fun factor.

If you want to attend, you will find a way. If you can't, you probably didn't want it enough.

FYI i work 12h shifts in a bank, i have to timestamp my entrance, i get penalized in actual money if i have more than 3 absences in a year, and the job requires me to show up nice and clean and in suit and tie.
You need to calm the fuck down m8.

Did I say "me"? Did I not show up for the tournament on time? I did show up. Did I ever ask for a time change? Never. I'm just acknowledging that some of us are adults with lives outside of FPS games. Overall I felt the tournament went pretty well as far as scheduling. There were some kinks as far as hosting matches simultaneously which could be worked out next time to streamline things. I think shockwave lives outside of his own ego enough to get that point.

I play a fucking lot and I don't need a lecture from you about "dedication".
Sky wrote:You seem to treat a tournament like something which can be replaced with a couple hours of pubbing, for fun factor.
Anyone who knows the shit I went through to make my team and time I put in to get where I am would tell you that you are way out of line.
Sky wrote:You say you love this game, but i think you underestimate the dedication people have to shooters; if i was to reinstall my OS, it would take me easily the WHOLE DAY to simply re-tweak my settings from standard to "gaming". People can be maniacal in finding the right mouse / mousepad combination, posture, netcode settings, my internet contacts list is 90% FPS players.
Heyilike had to have his computer repaired and had to set up everything from scratch just 3 hours before we started, so apparently there are others just as dedicated as you and EVEN MORE competent. Holy shit, a whole day. You must be some kind of wizard. Guess that makes Heyilike a god.

As far as my hardware, which gee I wonder how this entered the convo, sometimes it lags in recordings on normal configs but shockwave, being the helpful non-piece of shit that he is offered me a config that made it possible for me to record without stuttering the game. Thank you shock.

If you're old enough to be my father it's embarrassing to me someone your age would be this puerile.

Sky
Blacklist Elite
Blacklist Elite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sky » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 am

so i take it you now agree with everything i said in my first post right?
playing QuakeLive 24/7

SureSh0t

Post by SureSh0t » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 am

Sky wrote:so i take it you now agree with everything i said in my first post right?
All I see is you strawman-ing me to slake your ego. so no. Not really.

Sky
Blacklist Elite
Blacklist Elite

Post by Sky » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:41 am

you just admitted that you got into the tournament by being dedicated to it, that you make the efforts a gamer does, that you consider esports important, and that - although there can be minor adjustments - players rotate round the organization and not vice versa.

let me know if you want my list of tweaks for W7.

"make them believe they are thinking, and they will love you for it; make them actually think, and they will hate you for it"
playing QuakeLive 24/7

SureSh0t

Post by SureSh0t » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Sky wrote:you just admitted that you got into the tournament by being dedicated to it, that you make the efforts a gamer does, that you consider esports important, and that - although there can be minor adjustments - players rotate round the organization and not vice versa.

"make them believe they are thinking, and they will love you for it; make them actually think, and they will hate you for it"
Your ego is truly indefatigable. I "admitted"? You accused me of not being/doing any of those things and I corrected you and yet somehow you find a way to think of yourself as having accomplished something. Amazing. Who was wrong here again? And how does anything in my responses contradict my first? If you have an answer take it to PM, the thread isn't about this.

5h0ckw4v3
BCL Staff
BCL Staff

Post by 5h0ckw4v3 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Sky wrote:you just admitted that you got into the tournament by being dedicated to it, that you make the efforts a gamer does, that you consider esports important, and that - although there can be minor adjustments - players rotate round the organization and not vice versa.

Image Sky, I want to kindly ask you to stop triggering people. This is your only warning. Both you and Suresh0t have derailed this thread long enough... and yes, I already admonished SureSh0t through Discord about this exact same thing.

Points have gotten across, and I've got no time for shenanigans.

Back onto the topic of this thread something that took me aback was that people asked me what "Affiliation" meant. I guess rewording it to "Clan you belong to" might be more verbose, but clearer for people signing up.