Discussion: Improving BCL Registrations

BCL and competitive related discussions

Moderator: BCL Staff

Heyilike
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Discussion: Improving BCL Registrations

Post by Heyilike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:33 pm

5h0ckw4v3 wrote:
Sky wrote:you just admitted that you got into the tournament by being dedicated to it, that you make the efforts a gamer does, that you consider esports important, and that - although there can be minor adjustments - players rotate round the organization and not vice versa.

let me know if you want my list of tweaks for W7.

The problem with that is that many comp players don't have clan affiliations. For instance, SxB recently disbanded, but we are competing in the KK just all going to play without clan tags. Some teams are just going to be pick up teams like you saw with Pheonix. Clans are really a terrible way in my opinion to organize teams.

"make them believe they are thinking, and they will love you for it; make them actually think, and they will hate you for it"
Image Sky, I want to kindly ask you to stop triggering people. This is your only warning. Both you and Suresh0t have derailed this thread long enough... and yes, I already admonished SureSh0t through Discord about this exact same thing.

Points have gotten across, and I've got no time for shenanigans.

Back onto the topic of this thread something that took me aback was that people asked me what "Affiliation" meant. I guess rewording it to "Clan you belong to" might be more verbose, but clearer for people signing up.

5h0ckw4v3
BCL Staff
BCL Staff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by 5h0ckw4v3 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Heyilike wrote:
????

Sky
Blacklist Elite
Blacklist Elite

Post by Sky » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 pm

idk, i guess he's a mod now.
playing QuakeLive 24/7

5h0ckw4v3
BCL Staff
BCL Staff

Post by 5h0ckw4v3 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Sky wrote:idk, i guess he's a mod now.
Yes, I am.

Heyilike

Post by Heyilike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:28 pm

5h0ckw4v3 wrote:
Heyilike wrote:
????

Sorry IDK why it didn't write what I said.

Basically, I was just saying that having clans is not a great idea for comp because many players don't have clan affiliations but play on a team/play competitively. heck, there are many players who play competitively and don't even have a team affiliation.

Fosard

Post by Fosard » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:14 am

When can we register for the May Massacre event/tour ?

rzn

Post by rzn » Sun May 29, 2016 2:33 am

Improve registration numbers = give away in game content

Improve efficiency = have more 2 matches play at the same time. No need to stream every match

Spartan11702
Blacklist Veteran
Blacklist Veteran

Post by Spartan11702 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:11 am

rzn wrote:Improve registration numbers = give away in game content

Improve efficiency = have more 2 matches play at the same time. No need to stream every match
Yeah, but giving away everyone something is somewhat hard. We hosted EBL and we gave every player who participated something in game. It is possible but proves to be a daunting task reaching out to 80 players to give them their prizes.

rzn

Post by rzn » Mon May 30, 2016 7:09 pm

If you advertise giving away something it should be fine. If players don't come to you afterwards for codes or whatnot it shouldn't really matter

Heyilike

Post by Heyilike » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:24 pm

rzn wrote:Improve registration numbers = give away in game content

Heres the thing, your not going to get quality matches this way. You could say your going to give everybody a title and a camo, but do you think LG, APx and the other real comp teams are coming back for that? No. They are not. Instead you are going to get a lot of pubber who are in it for the title and have no idea how to play this game competitively.