EBL tournament - my impressions

BCL and competitive related discussions

Moderator: BCL Staff

Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MetroScream
Blacklist Elite
Blacklist Elite

EBL tournament - my impressions

Post by MetroScream » Tue May 17, 2016 11:22 am

Organization , access to information, prizes - all for a great compliment , BIG LIKE . :)

But one clan disappointed me very deeply - APEX/Sure . :| :

1. No videos .

2. Arcky aka SureBot . ( it seems that I am not without reason asked for his videos :) )

3. As I had heard , you were insulted organizers of EBL and one of the greatest players in this game - Roger .

You have violated several "sacred" BLR competetive rules + childish behavior = you will probably get perm ban from EBL and BCL tournaments . ggwp

Lawyer of WNx clan

Fosard

Re: EBL tournament - my impressions

Post by Fosard » Tue May 17, 2016 3:54 pm

No game footage or record is not forgivable for an entire team who participate . They re aware of that ...

SureSh0t

Post by SureSh0t » Tue May 17, 2016 8:32 pm

I always look forward to another MetroScream shitpost.

I'll explain for anyone who is actually willing to listen and isn't just waiting for an opportunity to dig their knives in.

There was never an argument with the EBL guys (Veca) and we have been amiable with them throughout and I, nor anyone else, finds fault with them. We let them know immediately that we were too apathetic to bother uploading anything, with nothing on the line for us other than our "reputation" in a game we're not playing again. We did so knowing the consequences of not receiving prizes and disqualification from future events. Both parties were fine with that before the Roger thing. It was already settled.

I got pissed at Roger because info started coming in from other Discords about him suggesting at the very least that Kibbinz could be cheating after he realized EBL couldn't make us do anything, nor could he cajole us into doing so. I thought that was a pretty shitty way for him to talk about someone he played with in BCL, ironically due to false hackusations. And for the sake of something that literally has no practical consequences. EBL DQ's us and goes on with life, WNx has their victory intact and that's what we wanted. But no, Roger has to talk shit. If it was just generic shit talking it's w/e but a hackusation is really sleazy. My disgust boiled over and I called him out for it.

Before this I had actually told the other guys we should upload as a favor to EBL so they didn't have to deal with any shit and rumors flying around and maybe they would have done so if Roger could have helped himself instead of doing his typical making the rounds to peddle whatever he thinks at the moment. If it had actually been up to me I would have had them upload for EBL's sake but I also understand that just because they don't want to doesn't make them villains.

As far as insulting Roger publicly by calling him retard I will say that he isn't actually at risk of anyone thinking he is a literal retard, everyone knows it's an expression of contempt and isn't to be taken seriously. Hackusations however grow like weeds in the minds of idiots and potentially have consequences. It doesn't mean much for Kibbinz since he won't be playing but I find it disgusting someone as prominent as Roger can just get away with treating an individual like shit because he's so obsessed with appearances, either of himself or whatever he regards as his pet project. It's nice that he cares about something "bigger" but you don't forsake how you treat people on an individual level because they've inconvenienced your little diorama.

We played this tourney knowing it would be our last whether we won or lost, we just wanted some dosh to buy Overwatch. I understand that there are some, including the organizers, for whom the tournament means more than that and I'm glad for them that they find the game interesting and wish them luck in future endeavors. The tourney itself up to this point was actually fun and I was glad I at least made a go of it before quitting.

As far as Roger, that was between me and Roger. No one else participated in our confrontation. Teams are made up of individuals of their own minds and actions. If you want to be contemptuous and lump others in with me so you can be smug, or lump yourself in with someone else so you can take an emotional side I can't stop you of course. But I'm telling you it would be stupid to do so.

Gee I wonder what MetroScream will think. Surely he won't respond with something snide or condescending.

Kek. Kek. Kek.

Heyilike
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Heyilike » Tue May 17, 2016 8:44 pm

A couple things you have to realize:

1. Most of the NA comp players are done with the game, we do not find it fun anymore. I personally quit before this tournament, but for these guys it was one last hurrah before they leave forever...if they gave a fuck about the game or their prizes or their reputation they would have turned in footage.

2. The fact that they gave up their prizes and took the full consequences of their actions shows that they are not scumbags. A scumbag would have not posted the footage, and then asked for their prizes.

3. Roger, I believe was acting out of desperation and on a whim. While I do not think SureShots and his argument was necessary, it has absolutely nothing to do with the EBL or Veca.

Arcky
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Arcky » Wed May 18, 2016 4:07 pm

Got invited to play, didn't upload because i don't have a main and it would be easy to just grab another account and play if i wanted to.

Honestly its time to move on to a game with better prizes and better administration.
MetroScream wrote: 2. Arcky aka SureBot . ( it seems that I am not without reason asked for his videos :) )
Cause you know, there's so much more to threaten me with if i don't follow the rules now right? :icon_rolleyes:

Fosard

Post by Fosard » Thu May 19, 2016 3:59 am

Arcky wrote:Got invited to play, didn't upload because i don't have a main and it would be easy to just grab another account and play if i wanted to.

Honestly its time to move on to a game with better prizes and better administration.
Yeah come on GITS first assault ! :D

rzn

Post by rzn » Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Honestly, its just bad sportsmanship and disrespect on behalf of APx. But if that's the way they carry themselves, why should we bother.

Spartan11702
Blacklist Veteran
Blacklist Veteran

Post by Spartan11702 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 am

rzn wrote:Honestly, its just bad sportsmanship and disrespect on behalf of APx. But if that's the way they carry themselves, why should we bother.
Happens, anyways more hype on the way ;) .

More interesting stuff heading EU's way soon soon .